The League of Friends is a registerd charity (Charity Number 281419). We have been in exsitence since 1924 and our overall objective is, in conjunction witjh Dorset NHS Trust and the hospital, to improve the quality of care available to patients of the hospital in the Shaftesbury, Gillingham and surrounding areas.
The Friends have three aims:
- Ensure the continued existence of the hospital.
- Ensure the hospital facilities are up to date as possible.
- Contribute to hospital facilities.
Our strategy is:
- Improve Access to the hospital.
- Improve Parking at the hospital.
- To work with Dorset Healthcare to develop ways to keep the hospital in Shaftesbury